Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Letter fr Darwin

Hi friends,
My dad was successfully moved on the 16 sept. We hired a bus and (8 of us, 4 sisters in laws, 1 cousin, 3 nephews, 1 brother in law, a paster, 2 grave diggers) arrived there around 8am, said prayers and took our dad back to Sibu and re-entombed him by 12 md. It was not really sad, after all, he has passed on now for 38 years. My mother was the only one who felt sad and cried a bit and said goodbye to him...again.
Sarikei is now a past chapter for me, not sure if I will ever visit it again. I did look at a house on the way to the grave, wondering if it was the one I spent so much time in with S.K. It has a black dog in front, a gate which said private property and a few very big tall fruit trees in front. Who lives in your old house?
Life is same for me here in Darwin. I am starting to wind down a bit with work and taking a few more holidays. Not sure when I will retire cos in Australia, there is no retirement date and we can work for as long as we want. I am thinking 60 but not sure. Kevin my eldest son has finally graduated with a business degree and Jeffrey will be graduating next year with engineering degree in petroleum. Eddie is still working as accountant and me, a nurse.
What are u doing now S .K.? no grandchildren to look after in sarikei, just you and your husband? S.P. still working in hotel reception?
Take care both of you,
Love, Connie
ps I saw mee huong in sibu.
 

No comments: