Saturday, February 23, 2008

E-mail from Evelyn - /11/2003

Hi
Thank you for writing and for the fruits. The rambutans are good but I dont know about the durians cos I dont like to eat durians anymore. I've opened them up and packed them into the plastic bags and put them into the fridge and I think they should be good jddging from the looks of the flesh. All are worms free. Leong will try the durians tonite.
I wanted to go to the market this morning but I had a splitting headache and I didnt sleep well last nite. Still very tired after the trip. Also, there are so much to do at home. During my 2 weeks away, Leong didnt clean the house or sweep the house and it's very dusty all over.And there're 3 loads of laundry to do. Still cintinue with the washing and ironing this morning.
We came back at about 2.30p.m. yesterday. Leong was in KL on Wednesday till Saturday and he purposedly arrange to stop over in Kuching to take me back to Sarikei. I went to Kuching on 21 Oct morning. My sister died at 5.00a.m. that morning and my niece called to infrom me of her death. I quickly packed my bag and took the express to Kuching. Taht day too, my Mum had difficulty in breathing and my brothers took her to see the doctor. At first we didnt let her know about my sister's death. My siter had been sick for more than 10 years- she can't talk, walk or take care of herself. They employed a maid to attend to her needs during the wweekends. Daily, her hubby will take her to my Mum's place and the maid will be there to take care of her till 5.00p.m.Later at nite, the hubby will come to fetch her home. Beg\fore her sickness she was working as a secretary in a big firm and she passed away at the age of 50 years old.Of cos we all feel very sad to think of it, it's better God took her home so that she neednt have to suffer on. My Mum loves her a lot and now that my ister is gone, I think my Mum took it rather badly;that is shy she's sick now. I wished I could stay on longer to take care of her. My younger sister took my Mum to the doctor again this morning. She's having a very bad cough and she's too weak when the cough takes its toll. I called home earlier on and my sister said she's sleeping. really hope she'll get better soon.
You went to Kuching with your sons for holdiays? Did you stay at Ah Kiong's shouse? Did your sons enjoy the trip? Did Ah Poi went with you all? Leong met Vincent in KL.
Must end now. Hope to hear from you again when you're free to write.

Evelyn
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 16:17:23
subject: 4 November

No comments: