Tuesday, February 19, 2008

E-mail from Evelyn - 26/8/2003

Hi
Sorry to interfere in your bringging up your children; your eldest son here in particular/ Are you letting him go to Samaraham for holidays? You see, last time my eldest son was studying in Kuching High School, he had all kingd of classmates too. He mixed with them all and luckily, he has not influenced by those care-free classmates who didn't take studies serionsly. I believe it depends very much on the individual himself/herself . To travel become bad is easy but to learn to be good takes a lifetime. My eldest son likes to travel and see places a lot. Even when he as just over 15 years old, he joined a few of his classmated and they went to Genting Highlands,visited
alacca and KL themselves.He took a bus to Miri and stayed at Ah Chuan's house last time after his SPM' sexams. Then, while he was studying in Australia, he went to visit some nearby towns/cities there. This boy,he has the travelling itch all the time. Recently, hu joined Tours and visited China of all the countries!He told me his next destination will be Korea! I always have great TRUST in my 2 boys and gave them guidance if they so needed. This way, every time they want to do something, they'll first think of what I've thought them. Till todday, they constantly emailed me and ask for my advice and guidance. Or they'll call every Sat just to keep in touch.I must say I am lucky to be blessed with these 2 sons. I still think that if we, parents are too strict with the children, they'll eventually keep/hide something from us. I am very open-minded with my sons. We talk on evverything and anything.
When your mother-in-law goes to Kuching, will you miss her? No doubt, y'll have more house works to do but you're lucky that she never "controlled"you and your life. I find her to be a very nice lady. With my mother-in-law here, I can't be clos to your mother-in-law. Let them sisiters to enjoy each other's company and to treasure the time spent here. Since Tua Ee is not here, I think there's no problem or ill-feelings whatsover amongst those 'gamblers' who gathered at your house to "gamble" everyday, right? If you want to know about a persaon right throug, you can find out when you're 'gambling' with that person or when you stayed overnight at picnic spots with taht person. A short time spent is enough to know a person well.
Got to sign off now. Need to cook dinner first before I go to fetch Leong home fro work. He's having the 2nd day monthly site meeting. He has supposed to drive himself to work but he has not feeling well. So that's why I dove him to work.

Evelyn
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:14:39
subject: August 26

This mirning while the usual gang were inside our car, your mother-in-law mentioned that you and Ah Poi didnt agree to let your eldest son to go to play basketball in Samarahan. So your son is not happy till today. Say Chin remarked that nowadays, if one os to apply for jobs anywhere,the employer does consider such extra curriculum such as sports activities to be the asset to the company. I agree with Say Chin.I think not every student/person will slack in his/her studies if he/she takes up sports. Remember, all work no play makes Jack a dull boy. I think your son must be very skilled in playing basketball. To him, it's a hobby he really loves and that's why he play in Sarmaraham, make him understand that his studies are important too. Make him promise to study douly hard when he cmes back from the trip. At 15 years of age, I'm suee he knows what's right and wrong if you cintinue to guide him along. Ya, I can see that he's a very quite boy. Try to communicate with him more and I'm sure in no time, he'll open up to you and the rest of the family too. Look at your youngest son - he's skilled and good in playing chess, right? I was told. all your children are very intelligent and studious, so you neednt have to worry unnecessarily.
Oh, you and your 2 other sis-in-law are good in your mother-in-law's eyes. She's a very fair person. One thing I like about her is her tolerance of life aqnd the people around. Even how bad another person treated her, still she's forgiving towards taht person. She's just like my Mum whom I loved and adored. My mum always teaches mus to respect another persaon's good points more instead of digging out the bad points. Thuis way you'll not have any ill-feelings towards that persson no matter how bad he/she is treating you. I find greast truths here.
ou said you cannot be compared to Ah Kiong's or Ah Chuan's wives, dont ever compared cos you're you and it's best to be the simple and straight forward you. I, for one, also dont know how to be sweet towards my mother-in-law and I just do waht I should be doing, taht's all. No need to pretend to be the goody, goody daughter-in-law; just be myself. I dont care if she dislikes me or not. I just carry out what a daughter-in-law should be doing.
I jst remember taht you said you can borrow up to 12 books at one time from the library? I thought on e person is allowed only 2 items? The other day I borrowed only 1 book entitled: The Complete IDIOT's guide to Being Psyclic. So far, I read lony a few pages. Funny, I dont seem to find the time to finish reading the book. I'm moreinterested in the preference books allocated upostairs.. That day when we went, we found out young people hanging artound the tables. I dont think all of them are really serious in reading books there. Maybe they go there as a meeting place. I found the library staffs are not familiar with the use of computers also. They're so slow in the registeration process. Maybe they're still new to the job.

Evelyn
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:10:42
subject: August 27

Hi
Thank you for giving my mother-in-law a lft home just now. Sorry to trouble you all the time.
So, you and Poi must be very happy that your son is not selected to play in Samaraham? Maybe it is God's will to free you from cinfusion whether to let your son go or not to ge since both are so much against his joining the group to play in Samaraham. If that's the case and taht your son understood that he's not being selected, then I am sure h'll put his mind to study very hard now. Is he still pulling a long face? Be nice to him.
I heard from your mother-in-law taht Ah Chuan is Mr & Mrs Lim's godson as they were all very close when Ah Chuang was studying in Canada. I guess that's why this Mrs Lim thought it's not wrong to sit on the front seat. Of cos we're not used to seeing impoliteness amongst us but some people can behave the eay they shouldnt. Like you, I always let my elders sit in the front seat but my mother-in-law didnt like to sit in front whever Liong is driving. She always says she wants to sit at the back.This world is full of different kingds of people. I dont like this Mr & Mrs Lim also. She likes to critise people and she thinks she's great. Her hunband is more gentle and quite.
Lately, I dont watchn so much vcds now. I'm afraid to go to rent cos I know my bad habit;once I started watching, I dont know how to stop till I finished the last episode! That's why I can finish watching the series of 10-18 pcs of vcd in 2 days! At the moment my eyes are still ok.
Think I've start cooking dinner now since my mother-in-law is already home.

Evelyn,
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:12:49
subject: August 29

No comments: