Thursday, February 21, 2008

E-mail from Evelyn - 25/9/2003

Hi All tmnet users faced the slow-down process for the past week or so. Maybe they're updasting and ungrading the systems at their ends to cause such inconvenience. When I first got stuck with the problem, I thought our computer or its programmes is /are at fault. We even fully deleted the windows programme and reinstalled it.The problems remained at certain times of the day.After office hours and off peak hours, the internet runs ok and fine. I heard from my son that tmnet and jaring have merged recently. Guess for the end-users right now but when the process is completed, I'm sure the internets will work well and fast.

Hey, how come your computer's day, date and time runs a day faster? It's only Thursday today. I am very particular about these things and that's why I always put the date on my subject line. My son once asked me why. I told him that dates are important to keep check on when I replied to mails and also let the receivers know that I'm replying to his/her mail on that date.

Evelyn
Thur 25 Sep 2003 12:05:19
subject: 25 September


Did you enjoy yourself working at the Hotel? Do you mean you've to work at night also?Who is cooking at home?

So, your mother -n law and Ah Koo are back to Sarikei now? I think this trip your mother in law was away the longest time in Kuching. I wonder if she enjoyed her stay there or not. Did she have to cook shen she stayed at Ah Kiong's house? I didnt know your mother in law dares use express boat. My mothe in law doesnt like to go anywhere by express boats. When she told us that your mother in law and Ah Koo will be coming back to sarikei, I asked if she wanted to follow tham or not. She quickly replied that they're using express boat and she doesnt dare to come over with them.

Yes, Leong's using the car everyday and I'll use the car when there're bills to be paid. Normally it's beginning of the month when I've to go to pay for our car loan at Arab Malaysian Bank, my loan for purchasing BHLB unit trusts(few years ago whne my ex colleague persuaded me to buy the unit trusts from his wife and they helped to arrange for the loan and I've been continually paying for thwe laon since. Didnt know how the unit trusts work and seems to me that these two most important things,Leong sometimes will help to go and pay the utilities bills like electricity, water and telephone after lunch. I'm already used to staying at home now. Like I told you earlier, we'll go our shopping for food and groceries at night or evening time when Leong comes back after works. No rush at all.

About the "Spam" software which I gave to Ah Fun, I'll ask Leong to make a copy for you too when he's free. We're using it also and it helps to fix those spam mails int the Spam folder/box while only regular mails will go into your inbox. Of cos, for the first time you've to select which mails are useful to you and which mails are spam. This spam siftware is very intelligent and sensitive. Once Leong made the copy ready, we'll give ti to you, ok?

Got to cook lunch now. Leong will be back soon.

Regards
Evelyn
Fri, 26 Sept 2003 12:58 AM
subject: Sorry!

No comments: