Sunday, February 24, 2008

E-mail from Evelyn- 29/11/2003

Hi
Sorry for not writing for ages!!! Surely you've heard that I rushed back to Kuching a day after my return to sarikei cos my Mum was admitted to the hospital. I've hardly unpacked my bags and there, I rushed back to Kuching again to take care of my Mum.She's fine now. The first week after her dischanrge from hospital we really thought we were losing her. She wass lifeless and slept all through. I hardly left her bedside. I was so worried that I might lost her. so, I kept watch at all hours ! I didnt sleep well either. One fine afternoon we forced her to sit in the tv area and tried to keep her awake. She suddenly asked if she could have half glass of 7 Up! My sister(from Perth)and I walked to the opposite coffee shop to buy 4 tins of 7 Up for her. The drink worked miracle! She's suddenly awake and lively again! Only then we realized that her body must be lacked of sugar cos she had been sleeping day in and out! I'm so happy that she is up and about now but still needs close supervision cos she's still weak. Of cos we cant deny the fact that age is catching uo with her also.
We went to visit your mIL on Thursday afternoon. Your mIL said that you were in Bintulu to visit your brother and that you'd be coming home that afternoon. We were surprised that your mIL was all alone in the room. She saild Ah Poi took the children to Kuching. So sayang that you missed following them on that trip, right?Wrong timing. I heard your MIL will be going to Kuching with Say Gin this Sunday? Arent you going to join them on this trip?
How was the trip to Bintulu? Did you enjoy yourself?
Got to go now.

Evelyn
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 10:36:02
subject: 29 November


Hai!
Really long time for both of us not contacting each other. I heard fr Sok Beng that u went back to Kch. I was very worried about ur Mum. This morning while 3 of us having breakfast together, I mentioned about u. Both my MIL and Sok Beng told me thatu have back home to sarieki.Only then I feel happy indeed to know the news. So, ur Mum is ok then. It is really a good news!
My youngest brother, who is working in Arabic, visited us in Sarieki on Monday. we then visited our elder brother and two other younger sisters in Bintulu together. We went there by bus. My eldest sis went with us.7 of us(plus a sis from Sibu) had a happy gathering,though there are 2 more brothers not joing. We seldom meet each other. We met our youngest brother 5 years back. just imagine the hapiness. We cried in Bintulu Airport while he parted us.
Ya, my MIL says that she will go to Kch on this coming Monday. I dont think I will go with them to Kch as my family is coming back tomorrow.
I feel very tired after coming back from Bintulu.
I enjoyed the trip really. We, bro and sisi, are not bringing our children around. So, u know the situation. we became singles!
Is ur MIL coming here?

XX
Sat, 29 Nov 14:03:07
subject:
29 Nov

No comments: