Tuesday, February 26, 2008

E-mail from Evelyn - 14/1/2004

Hi

Thank you for your cincern with regard to my lost handphone. It's not so much the loss of the h/p unit but it's my h/p number which I had been using for about 10 or more years already! Practically everybody knows my number. To change my number after a decade is indeed a frustrating process. Leong's going to buy me another phone with another number. At first, my MIL insisted to let me have her own phone saying that she seldoms use it but Leong and I disagreed cos we feel that her it's not right to take her phone. I don' like to hear my other bro-in-law and sis-in-law are going to say when they know that my MIL is giving away her h/p to me. So, to save unnecessay talks later, we better buy our own. At this juncture, Leong came home and bought me a new phone. I'm very happy. In fact yesterday Leong already wanted to buy me the phone but I said no. This morning after he went into the office, her went out again to town to get me the handphone, What more dO I have to ask for, right?

About my Mum's birthday dinner, it was held in thew restaurant with only family members. We enjoyed ourselves alright. Mum told everyone that you gave her angpaw and she felt uneasy to received the angpau from you. Since she doesnt go out much, she asked my brother to help her buy the packet of dried meat for you. She said she really doesnt know what to buy for you. After reading the newspaper clippings you sent, she showed it to all my brothers and sisters who can read chinese. She commended that you're very clever in writing. Keep on writing and keep up your good work! It's good that your photo appeared in the newspaper. Now , my Mum and family know how you looked like. At least my Mum has an idea of how you look like.

How's everything with you/ I think you must be very busy now that Tua Ee and Ah Koo are visiting you. Are they giving you any proble,? I heard this Ah Koo let your MIL to pay for everything. Tua Ee also? Please say this to your MIL. I just heard from my MIL that Tua Ee and Ah Koo always depend on your MIL to pay for everything. How can they do that?

Got to conclude just here cos I've tons and tons of mails to reply.
Take care of yourself and your family.

Evelyn
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:49:01
subject:14 January

No comments: