Sunday, February 24, 2008

E-mail from Evelyn - 1/12/2003

Hi
Sorry for not replying to your mail earlier. When Leong at home, I seldom get the chance to get access to the computer. He's gluded to the pc as long as he's home until nature calls!!!It's too bad!
So you must be very happy that your hubby and children are back home now?Has your MIL left for Kuching yet? What means of transport is she and Say Chin using? By bus, express or air? How's Ah Chee doing in the interview? Hope she can secure in the study programme. Is she excited about it? When's school reopens?
I'sm happy for you that you've a chance to meet up with your brothers and sisters. Are they all from the same mother? Your Mum is the 1st wife of the 2nd? Are you very close to your brothers and sisters from the differnet mother? How many are from the same mother? I've only 1 mother and 1 father but there're many of us in the family. Do you have brother or sister living in sarikei? It is good to have brothers and sisters living all over the world.
Thank you for your concerns about my Mum. She's fine now but with old age, it's hard to predict when any sickness will come by. So long as she's eating well and feeling no pain in her body or whatsoover, then it's a good sign already.We shouldnt expect too much. My eldest sister will be flying in to Kuching tomprrow to see my Mum. I heard their children will also come to join them in Kuching. So, they will be celebrating CNY with my Mum in Kuching.
Talking about CNY, we'll be going back to Penang again. My mIL will be going with us. We've bough the air tickets already. We'll fly from Sibu on 18 Jan. At first I thought my MIL will not join us this time but she seemed engered about the trip and asked us to buy her tickets. So we did. She might come over to sarikei before 18 Jan cos we'll beflying fro Sibu instead of Kuching.
Got to go now.

Regards
Evelyn
Mon, 01 Dec 2003 10:04:06
subject: 1 December

Evelyn,
Miss them very much, I meant all my children and Poi. We seldom seperate in this way! Every time we always go and to together.
My MIL is not going to Kch. I heard that she will go next week. I have no idea if they go by what transport. But I think they will take the bus as there are waves if they take express. People dare not taking express during December time. There are rains and waves as well.
Chee applies Singapore's scholship few weeks ago. She receives interview on Saturday. Hoping that she will get it and study there,instead of Russia - a bit too far away from home. Both I and Poi are a bit worry about the country. Now, we are not sure about her decision.She neeeds to see her result first.
My own mother has 9 children while the other mother got 7. My mother is the 2nd and she died first.
I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers here.

XX
Mon, 01 Dec 2003 11:40:17
subject: 1 Dec

Hi again,
I thought your MIL had left for Kuching. Why didi she and Say Chin postoned the trip? Did your children and your hubby enjoyed the trip to Kuching? Ah Poi drove all the way to Kuching? Is it his first time driving all the way to Kuching?How is the road condition now? We havent traveled by raod for quite sometimes already. Sok Beng was suggesting we drove to Kuching during the Hari Raya hols but I told her the road cinditions might not be good. Also, we didnt want to rush together with the others who were going to celebrate the festival seasons. So, there's no point to take the risks. In the end we spent all the hours hols in Sarikei. We made 2 trips to Sibu though. We didnt enjoy both the trips cos it was so crowded everywhere.I never liked crowsws places.
I asked your MIL whethwer she's going to celelbrate CNY in Kuching. She said no cos Ah Chuan and family will be coming back tio sarikei to celebrate CNY. Heard Ah Chuan will be transfered to Kuching soon. Do you ever dreamed of living in Kuching at all? Will Ah Kiong and family come to join you all in this CNY?
Talking about CNY, already I'm looking forward to see my sons again. Couldnt wait to be with them again. All our CNY were celebated among our family memebers only. We didnt go visiting friends in Penang. We did prepare cookies, cakes and drinks in case someone drop by to visit us.
So your family is also quite big. How come your other mother allowed you all to live with them? She must be a very kind woman. How lod was your mum when she passed on? I remember you told me you were still very young when your mum died. How didi she die? It's so good to know that you all(brothers and sisiters, even from your other mother)can get on so well.
Guess it's time to say bye once again. Have to cook dinner soon. Leong will be back from work any time now.

Evelyn
Mon, 1Dec 2003 17:07:59
subject: 1st day December

No comments: