Thursday, February 21, 2008

E-mail from Evelyn - 3/10/2003

Hi
End of the year is just around the corner. I'm scared just to think how time flies! Heard from your mother in law that Chinese New Year is on 22 January 2004!Think we must have to book our tickets home to Penang soon. Missed our children terribly. We still call the children or they call us,everyday. Before, it is once a
a week but recently after my trip back there, I seemed to miss them evern more, so we keep in touch via phone everyday. I know we're wasting so much on phone calls but cant help it. Maybe I'm too emotional and sentimental. Maybe I've too much free time on hand now that I dont have a car to drive to town and spend the mornings there.
I'm quite used to staying at home now almost one month. So, yesterday even when I was doing marketing with Say Chin, I didnt shop very much. Apart from the very small fridge provised by the landlady, I really dont know what to buy to stuff up the fridge cos we'll go out in the evening when we run out of anything to cook or eat. It's not much fun where there're only 2 of us eating at home. If my children are here then meals time will be very differnt. My children enjoy my cooking as much as I like cooking for them.
Am so happy to hear that Ah Poi took you along the trip to Daro and Batu. Is Daro a very small town like Sarikei? Last time the company I worked for had a school project in Daro. My ex-colleague had to travelo from Kuching to daro to attend the meeting every month.You know the mult-storey govt office building here in sarikei(WISMA JUBLEE;last time it was called Wisma Mutiara) was my former Co.'s project also. How did you all go to Daro? I mean by bus or taxi or express boat? Leong desnt quite like small towns. (His sur-name is Hong pronounced as Fang in Chinese.)
By the way how's your mother in law now? Hope she's getting better and stronger.
Got to go now.

Evelyn
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:09:06
subject: 3 October

No comments: