Sunday, August 12, 2007

Reply Leh Hiong - 26/2/96

Dear Leh Hiong,
After receiving your New Year card,I was very happy. You know what? I learned from the card that you will be home in the New Year and the 1st day. You told me that you will be back on the 2nd day. I wonder how could you to and fro Sarikei and Kuching within 2 days time.
What I thought in my mind that your mother's house is in Sarikei. You must be home in New Year and you will be back Kuching om the 2nd day.
You didn't leave me any home no, so I went to ask your brother who opens two shopsin the town. But I didn't meet him . At last, I went to ask Ah Lock, my relative. I know well that 2 of you are neighbours in Muludu.
Ah Lock pointed ti me your brother whodrives taxi. The taxi station is just nearby my brother's coffee shop. So, I went to meet him. He said he ahd not received your phone call bu telling him that you will be back to Sarikei. But he told me as well that he would ask you once.
On 18th of Feb, I passed by the taxi station. There, your brother told me that you won't be home here in Sarikei. "she goes back to her mother-in-law's house.
So, that is the mistake you took to me. You wrote:"年初夕和年初一是回我家娘那儿。”我认为你应该写家婆才对。
Anyway, I read wrongly as well, sorry for making so much troublesome.
This year Chinese New Year, I stayed in Sarikei. My 2 brother-in-laws' familiescame home. My mother-in-law is staying with me now.We plan to Kuching next year. But it is not sure yet. One of my brother-in-law's new house is just newly built, not yet finished while the other one(Vincent) shifts to Miri very soon. My mother-in-law likes to celebrate New Year in her son's own house and not in their rent house. That is the reason why we were in sarikei this year. So, see you in the future.
I met King Boo in the town. He is in big size now. I passed by him while I was in my motor-bike.Still remember him or not?
The headmaster, Mr.Hii, is very rich nowadays.He has lot of lands in opposite river-side. Now, there is a big bridge croos by the river. He got house in Kuching also. He becomes thin. He got the diabetic like me.I am in low stage. He is a bit higher. So, he loses his weigh. He drives a bog black car.
How is your Chinese New Year?
My house fulled o people. They are relatives and some of them played cards. Today is the 8th day, they all go back to their working places, so it is very quite now.
Well, that is all.
"Best Wishes"

Regards,
XX
26/2/96

No comments: